LOVEEE this chart. Inspiring & informative!
Median salary of 10 of the hottest digital creative jobs
If you view the larger image you can see the top 20 job markets & salary ranges for each job.
Such a lovely design!
I was playing Mass Effect multiplayer in a private match, and in the middle of a wave, a Phantom (one of the few grunt enemies who is a woman) was trying to kill the team. As we were making the killing blow, this one guy, the only person I hadn’t played with before, shouted “Get back in the…
I’m a lover of CSS3. But I hate hand coding everything from scratch even though I know how to code. As many designers, I hate coding too much. So I’m using some online tools to achieve kick ass CSS3 effects in a few seconds. Here’s the list.
A lot of new tools, tutorials, articles and techniques appeared and have decided to come up with the latest and newest collection of the freshest materials.
This design is everything I have always wanted to be good at! Bright colors, nice use of textures (I love yarn/fabric textures), a lovely background image to put the whole thing together, decent sized font (I typically need to zoom in on every site I visit, I am so blind haha), and it’s adorable yet professional. I love designs like these :) I hope I can make something this nice someday.
One of my friends is working on a comic about a plus-sized superhero. He’s looking for a web designer to help promote it. Since it’s a personal project, he can’t pay much, but if you’d like to have something to add to your portfolio, contact him at his character’s facebook page: Drena Lutrova.
HTML5-based wireframe app.
Nice HTML5 editor!
Recently, as I browse the net for my learning in HTML5 I found out that having a nice, updated html editor is also the key for creating brilliant websites. HTML5 is the future of Web Design but since it is still fresh, we also need to have an up-to-date editor just like CoffeeCup Free HTML Editor. I have downloaded it already and I’m looking forward of using it not just because it is updated but also it is free.
So excited for Michonne in the next season of The Walking Dead :D!
From “Lifting as We Climb: Women of Color, Wealth and America’s Future”, a new report by the Insight Center for Community Economic Development
• Single black and Hispanic women have a median wealth of $100 and $120 respectively; the median for single white women is $41,500.
• While white women in the prime working years of ages 36-49 have a media wealth of $42,600, the media wealth for women of color is only $5.
• Nearly half of all single black and Hispanic women have zero or negative wealth, the latter of which occurs when debts exceed assets.
• While 57 percent of single white women own homes, only 33 percent of single black women and 28 percent of single Hispanic women are homeowners.
• Only 1 percent of single Hispanic women and 4 percent of single black women own business assets compared to 8 percent of single white women.
• Social Security is the only source of retirement income for more than 25 percent of black women.
• Prior to age 50, women of color have virtually no wealth at all.
Read the whole report here
I recently saw the above photo of the Github team at their annual conference. I looked at it for a long time and eventually found myself upset.
Why? No one in this picture looks like me.
Now before I continue, I should probably offer two things:
- A WARNING: this might offend some…